Card Brand Updates: October 2023
Effective October 13, 2023, NCR Payment Solutions will update our systems to reflect the following card brand technical enhancements. Here's an overview of what’s changing.
- As a reminder, Visa lowered the maximum amount allowed for Credit Card Surcharging in the US from 4% to 3% effective April 2023. Merchants are required to notify NCR 30 days in advance of commencing surcharging.
- As of April 2023, Discover began requiring Card Identification Data (CID) for Card Not Present transactions.
- Effective October 2023, you will see a minimum of $0.01 Visa Digital Commerce Service fee assessed for all Visa Card Not Present settled transactions.
- Effective October 2023, Visa and Mastercard Card Present final preauthorization’s you will see a 0.75 basis point with a minimum fee of $0.01. For Mastercard Card Not Present preauthorization transactions, you will see a 0.0125 basis point assessed on the final preauthorization amount with a minimum fee of $0.01. The fee will apply to preauthorization transactions that meet all criteria, excluding debit transactions.
- Mastercard is introducing new Merchant Advice Codes (MAC) that will be returned in the authorization response, to help merchants improve management of non-reloadable pre-paid and single-use virtual cards used in the Card Not Present recurring payments space.
- Add EMV ICC tags to continue to support chip and contactless transactions
- Tag 9F60 Authenication Application Data
- Tag 96 Kernel Identifier-Terminal
- Tag 9F6E Form Factor
- Tag DF3F Storage Data
Interchange Program Updates:
- Visa added a new Small Merchant Incentive Program for Visa consumer credit on Card Present and Card Not Present transactions. Annual volume threshold qualification is $250,000.
- Visa revised several interchange structures that apply to Visa consumer and commercial transactions for the US Region and Interregional programs.
- Mastercard modified interchange rates for the Enterprise Wholesale Travel Program.