What are the fraud warning signs when a card is not present?
- First time shopper
- Larger than normal orders
- Orders consisting of several of the same item
- Orders made up of "big-ticket" items
- Orders shipped "rush" or "overnight"
- Orders shipped to an international address
What are the fraud warning signs?
Customer warning signs include:
- Purchase a lot of merchandise without regard to size, style, color, or price.
- Ask no questions on major purchases
- Try to distract or rush you during the sale.
- Make purchases, leave the store, and return to make more purchases.
- Make large purchases right at opening or at the last minute when the store is closing.
- Refuse free delivery for large items.
If you see signs that make you suspicious:
- Hold on to the customer's card if you think you can do so safely.
- Follow your company's procedures and notify your supervisor.
- Call your voice authorization center and request a "Code 10" authorization, using a normal tone of voice. An operator will tell you what to do.