The Store Summary report provides an ongoing "check-in" of your store specific to a date range and selling location.
To run the Store Summary report:
- Select Results > Operations Reports > Store Summary.
- To refine your search, select a date or date range.
- Select a selling location — all locations or a single location.
- Click the refresh icon to refresh the report data.
The report shows the following:
- Gross Sales is your total sales before Discounts, Overrides, and Returns.
- Net Sales is your sales amount after Discounts, Overrides, and Returns have been applied EXCLUDING taxes and tips.
- Ticket Total equals the Net Sales plus Taxes, Tips and surcharges (if any). The Average is the average dollar amount for each line item or row. The Average is calculated by taking the total dollar amount for each line item and dividing it by the number of transactions (displayed in the Quantity column).
- Payment Types shows additional information for each payment type, including the number of transactions per payment type (Quantity), the Tip Amount, surcharge (applied specific to credit card transactions), the sales Amount, and the Total Amount. The Over/Short for cash reflects the over or short for that day's close, if one took place. If there were multiple closes, the report would show the cumulative amount for the day.
- You can view the quantity and amount of any Pay Ins, Pay Outs, and Deposits from that day. If a close was not performed that day, the Deposits amount would show as $0.00. If multiple closes occurred, the report would show the cumulative amount.
- Tax Categories reflects the Taxable subtotal for each Tax Category and the Dollar amount applied to each.
- No Sales tells you the number of times a No Sale was performed.
- Discount Names accounts for the name, Quantity, and Discount Amount of all discounts given at the point of sale.
- Price Overrides section, you can see how many overrides (listed by override reason) were made (Quantity) and the total amount of money that was reduced from retail value (Reduction Amount).
- Cleared Tickets shows you the number of Cleared Tickets and the dollar amount.
- Cleared Items shows you the number of Cleared Items and the dollar amount.
- Donations are not calculated into the net sales.
Looking for resources or help with Silver? Click here.