Establishing a forecast minimum quantity per bin
You can set a minimum quantity for the calculated forecasted bin quantity, to account for instances where the interval of the forecasted quantity might be lower than the number needed to operate your business for the specific time interval. For example, during the last, four weeks business was particularly slow and the forecasted numbers will not meet the need to accommodate your current week of business, you can set a minimum bin quantity, thereby eliminating the need to continually adjust the quantity.
To establish a forecast minimum quantity for each bin:
- With Kitchen selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Kitchen Configuration > Forecasting.
- Click New if you are creating a new forecast minimum record or select an existing forecast minimum from the drop-down list. You can only create one record of forecast minimums, per site.
- Select the interval to define for the range of forecast minimums. Select the same interval you use for the forecast report under the 'Forecasting' group bar in Maintenance > Kitchen Configuration > Kitchen Settings.
- Select a day of the week tab in the lower portion of the screen.
- Click Add.
- Select the configured forecast bin from the 'Bin' drop-down list.
- Using the horizontal scroll bar, type the minimum quantity to use for each interval. The number of columns populate based on the interval you define. The header for each column represents the time of day, in military time. For example, 00:15 equals 12:15 a.m.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 7 for each forecast bin in use.
- Click Save and exit the Forecasting function.