Providing the ability to start a bin on a bump bar
As noted earlier, if you use a touch screen terminal, you need only touch a bin from the bin area to operate a bin; however, when you use a bump bar, you must ensure your bump bar layout includes a 'StartBin' command. This is the same procedure as when you set up any other bin type, such as a production bin. You need a 'StartBin' command for each bin you operate from the respective kitchen screen, so choose the appropriate 'StartBin' command, such as 'StartBin1,' and 'StartBin2.'
To add a StartBin command to a bump bar layout:
- With Kitchen selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Hardware > Bumpbar Layout.
- Select a bump bar layout from the drop-down list.
- Select the Design tab.
- Select a command box from the design and select StartBinx, where x corresponds to the order in which you attach the bins to the kitchen screen. If the forecast bin is the second bin you attach to the kitchen screen, select 'StartBin2.'
- Repeat Step 4 until you add a 'StartBin' command for each forecast bin.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for any other bump bar layouts that need to operate a forecast bin.
- Click Close and exit the Bumpbar Layout function.