Configuring Mobile Pay generic tenders to integrate with Payment Gateway
Mobile Pay requires the creation of generic tenders to effectively integrate with the NCR payment gateway. Mobile Pay and the NCR payment gateway communicate "Host to Host" and card data is never sent to the restaurant. Once Mobile Pay receives an "Approved" authorization from the NCR payment gateway, Mobile Pay uses the defined "generic tender" for that card type to close the check at the restaurant. The recommendation is to create a Mobile Pay tender for each card type accepted, to separate payments on reports. Generic tenders are not required if using EDC.
To configure generic tenders to integrate with the NCR payment gateway:
- Access Maintenance > Payments > Tenders.
- Click the New drop-down arrow and select Generic Tender ID from the Type list box that appears.
- On the Tenders tab under the 'Settings' group bar, type MP as the prefix of the tender name in 'Name,' such as MP_Amex. You must use this format for the tender name for Mobile Pay to apply the correct payment.
- Select Current from the 'Report as' drop-down list.
- Select Active.
- Select Track.
- Select Can Refund.
- Select Print check on close.
- Under the 'Tips' group bar, select Allows tips.
- Type 100 in 'Maximum tip %.'
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for each payment card type accepted by Mobile Pay.
- Exit the Tenders function.