About NCR Mobile Pay
NCR Mobile Pay simplifies the dining experience and streamlines consumer-server interactions. By putting the digital check in the hands of the consumer, Mobile Pay enables consumers to quickly and easily apply a mobile payment to their guest check. Right now, consumers are sensitive to close interactions. Help your consumers (and employees) feel safer and encourage proper distancing with Mobile Pay. It provides a true, contactless experience that keeps your consumers in control of the entire payment experience.
- Provides a contactless payment experience: Consumers pay and tip using their smartphone—so they never hand their payment card to a server and never have to touch a payment device.
- Increases speed of service: Enabling your consumers to pay on-demand helps your staff turn tables faster during peak day parts.
- Increases consumer satisfaction and trust: Consumers appreciate the ability to safely control the payment experience by interacting with their smartphone.
- Improves tip percentages: Preset tip percentages make it easier for consumers to select a higher tip percentage.
- Reduces potential credit card fraud: Combining Mobile Pay with NCR Payment Solutions provides added security with CVV verification and Address Verification Service (AVS).
NCR Mobile Pay Features
- No hardware needed: Mobile Pay is compatible with any smartphone device, making it easy for your consumers to use regardless of their mobile preference.
- No application development required: Mobile Pay does not require consumers to download an application to their smartphone—consumers simply scan a QR code that takes them to a mobile website.
- Email receipts: Consumers can enter their email address to automatically receive a digital receipt once the check is processed and paid.
- Branded user interface: Mobile Pay allows you to easily add your logo and make the portal align with your brand.
- Operator Dashboard: Gives quick insight into site transaction volume and site analytics.
Secure payment processing
Processing payments through NCR Mobile Pay is completely secure. Payment information is securely encrypted in our cloud database and processed host-to-host. Mobile Pay does not store any payment information on a device. Credit card transactions run through EDC or the NCR payment gateway in the same batch as standard credit card transactions.
NCR Aloha Mobile (AMOB) integration
When you use Aloha Mobile (AMOB) mobile devices to create a check, Mobile Pay generates a check code, as normal; however, you must print the check on a printer attached to a terminal to provide the consumer with their code. The Bluetooth© printers used by mobile devices do not support printing the six-digit check code or QR code.
📝 For more information regarding a subscription for Aloha Mobile, please contact your Hosted Solutions sales rep or your channel partner/local office.
Default vs. configurable functionality
Your restaurant is initially set up with basic functionality. This makes it intuitive and easy for FOH staff and guests.
Default settings include:
- End-of-receipt messaging (QR code and six-digit code).
- Mobile payments.
- Text to Pay (if applicable).
To configure additional functionality:
Access the NCR Mobile Pay Dashboard to enable additional functionality. For more information on configuring these features, see Using NCR Mobile Pay.