Configure a Service Charge Fee
You can configure a service charge fee for use with Aloha Online Ordering.
📝 When configuring this method, you cannot configure a delivery fee through AOO and can only configure a delivery fee through ATO.
Configuring the Service Fee Through ATO
When you select to have ATO determine the service fee for online orders, you can use the service fee options in ATO. Assigning service fees for online orders with Aloha Takeout requires ATO v12.1.5 or higher.
Determining the service fee through ATO requires the following:
- Create a POS order mode charge and set it to a fixed rate of ‘$0.00.’
- Configure the ATO service fees using the delivery fee tab.
- For flat amount service fees, in Web Admin, set the UseSiteLevelDeliveryFees company setting to True.
- For non-flat rate service fees, set the UseSiteLevelDeliveryFees company setting to True and disable any delivery fees in AOO.
To create a POS order mode charge:
📓 Refer to the NCR Aloha Table Service or Quick Service Reference Guide for additional information.
- In CFC or new Aloha Manager, select Maintenance > System Settings > Order Mode.
- Click New to add a new order mode or select the existing order mode that is mapped to the ATO order mode, from drop-down list.
- Select Active.
- Select All Items.
- Select Include Ordered Items. (QS only)
- Select Apply service charge.
- Type Service Fee for the charge line text.
- Select None for the tax to apply to the service charge.
- Select Fixed.
- Type 0.00 for the amount of the service charge. ATO calculates the delivery fee based on the ATO configuration and passes the amount to the POS, replacing the 0.00 amount.
- Click Save and exit the Order Mode function.
In ATO, configure the service fees you want to use.
📓 For information on configuring delivery fees in ATO, refer to the NCR Aloha Takeout Implementation Guide.
To change the UseSiteLevelDeliveryFees company setting:
- In Web Admin, select Configuration > Company Settings Setup.
- Select the set to edit from the ‘Choose Settings Set’ drop-down list.
- Select UseSiteLevelDeliveryFees.
- Click Edit Setting.
- Type True to use the ATO delivery fee settings.
- Click Update.
📝 To change the text on the receipt from the delivery to service charge fee, refer to Configuring Text to Appear on Your Site.