Offering ASAP Delivery for Online Orders
You may be able to prepare and deliver food faster than the first available time listed on your online ordering site. ASAP delivery allows you to provide your consumers the option of receiving their food earlier than the first available listed time. If the consumer does not select the first available listed time, the system does not prompt the consumer with the option for accepting an earlier delivery.
You control this feature through the EnableASAPDelivery company setting. By default, the system sets the value to false.
The feature includes three messages, which you can customize. The three messages are:
- WebOrder.Time.ASAPDeliveryQuestion – Displays a prompt to the consumer with the option to receive their order before their selected time. The prompt appears on the Time.aspx page, and on the AccountDashboard.aspx page when using Quick Ordering. For example, the consumer selects the first available time of 8:45 a.m. The system prompts the consumer with the following question, ‘Would you accept delivery before 8.45 a.m.?’
- WebOrder.Time.ASAPTimeSuffix – Appends the message time from ‘8:45 a.m.’ to ‘or sooner’ to the online ordering quote time.
- WebOrder.Order.ASAPOrderNotesMessage – Adds the message ‘Customer accepts sooner delivery’ to the order notes sent to the kitchen notifying them they must prepare and deliver the order as soon as possible.
To configure the EnableASAPDelivery company setting:
- In Web Admin, select Configuration > Company Settings Setup.
- Select the appropriate set from the ‘Choose Settings Set’ drop-down list.
- Select EnableASAPDelivery.
- Click Edit Setting.
- Type true.
- Click Update.