In Web Admin, you can manage the data for consumers who have online ordering accounts with you. Consumers can create an account for themselves at your online ordering site, or you may elect to create an account for a consumer. You can review consumer account data, edit consumer account information, unlock account logins, and reset passwords. If you employ call center functionality, these users access Accounts Review to add consumer accounts, and to select consumer accounts to initiate orders for consumer. Through company settings, you can initiate a weekly export of your consumer data.
Additionally, you can create contact reasons to appear on the Contact Information page. Contact reasons allow your consumers to designate if they want you to contact them for specific reasons, such as promotional offers. You configure the specific contact reason to display on the Contact Information page.
As an added security measure for your consumers, you can create security questions to which your consumers must provide an answer to reset their password.
Working with Accounts Review
Accounts Review enables you to view information regarding your consumers. Access Accounts Review in Web Admin by selecting Customer Accounts > Accounts Review. The system displays a grid containing your existing consumer accounts.
The Accounts Review page includes the following information:
|The first name of the consumer.
|The last name of the consumer.
|The email address of the consumer.
|The name of the business.
|The name of the department within the business.
|Loyalty Card Number
|The loyalty card number of the consumer.
|The phone number of the consumer.
|The extension number, if any.
|True: The consumer created an online ordering account.
False: The consumer does not have an online ordering account.
|Is Tax Exempt
|True: The consumer is tax exempt.
False: The consumer is not tax exempt.
|Tax Payer Id
|The tax payer Id number of the tax exempt organization. If the business is not tax exempt, this field remains blank.
|True: The consumer has an account login.
False: The consumer does not have an account login.
|The order history of the consumer. Click Order History to view a listing of the previous orders of the consumer.
|Start Call Center Order
|Allows persons with call center functionality to start an order for the selected consumer.
|Start Restaurant Portal Order
|Allows persons with Restaurant Portal functionality to start an order for the selected consumer.
In some scenarios, you may need to add and edit consumer accounts. For example, a consumer may have difficulty creating an online ordering account, and you can do so for them. In other situations, you may edit consumer information to add loyalty card information, to update a mailing address, to change an email address, and more.
If you employ call center functionality, the call center employee accesses consumer accounts to review consumer information and to initiate consumer orders. Employees with call center functionality can also have customer accounts.
Upon the creation of a new online ordering account, whether the consumer creates the account at your online ordering site or an employee creates the account for them, the system sends a welcome email to the consumer.
To add a consumer account:
When adding consumer accounts, the system requires the following information: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, AdressLine1, City, Postal, Security Question, and Security Answer.
- In Web Admin, select Customer Accounts > Accounts Review.
- Click Add. The Add Customer screen appears.
- Type the consumer first name.
- Type the consumer last name.
- Type the consumer email address.
- (Optional) Type a secondary email address.
- Type the business name.
- (Optional) Type the department name.
- Enter the consumer’s voice phone number.
- (Optional) Enter the phone number extension.
- (Optional) Enter an alternate phone number for the consumer.
- (Optional) Enter the extension for the alternate phone number.
- (Optional) Select Pay At Store Allowed to allow the consumer to pay at the store.
- Select Tax Exempt for tax exempt consumers.
- Enter the Tax Payer ID for tax exempt consumers.
- For call center employees, select Call Center/Restaurant Portal Operator.
- Enter the customer address.
- Enter the city.
- Select the state from the drop-down list.
- Enter the postal code.
- (Optional) Enter the Loyalty card number of the consumer.
- Type a security question and answer for the consumer.
- Enter any notes about the consumer.
- Click Save.
To edit a consumer account:
- Select Customer Accounts > Accounts Review.
- Select the consumer account.
- Click Edit.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click Save.
This allows administrators to anonymize the consumers account upon their request. This feature can also be done by the consumers while logged in their profile.
📓 Refer to the GDPR with Aloha Online Ordering Feature Focus Guide for information on configuring and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Exporting Consumer Data
In company settings, you can elect to export consumer data and the system emails the spreadsheet in an .xls format every Sunday at 4 a.m. central standard time. The spreadsheet contains information regarding consumers who successfully submitted orders to your online ordering site. The export does not filter out consumers who ordered from you but did not create an account.
The system can only send the export in .xls format and only at 4 a.m. central standard time. You cannot change these settings.
💡 Call the Online Ordering support team to enable ‘Data Export’ for your company and provide the email addresses of the recipients.
The export includes the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Secondary email address
- Business name
- Department name
- Voice phone number and extension
- Alternate phone number and extension
- Loyalty number
- Is tax exempt
- Tax payer ID
- Pay at store allowed
- Call center operator
- Date of last order
- Amount of last order
- Total amount spent
- Total number of orders
- Average order amount
- Contact reasons external IDs
- Contact reason names
- Site external ID
- Site name
- Address, city, state and zip code of the consumer
- Creation date
- Last location where the consumer placed their order.
To configure an email address for receipt of conumer export reports:
- In Web Admin, select Configuration > Company Settings Setup.
- Select AccountManagementEmailAddress.
- Click Edit Setting.
- Type the email addresses to which to send the report. Use a semi-colon to separate multiple email addresses.
- Click Update.