Providing the ability to enter open amount donations
If you allow open amount donations, but you have 'Restrict open items by access level' under the 'Restrictions' group bar in the Security group on the Store Settings tab in Maintenance > Business > Store selected, the manager approval screen appears and a manager with sufficient access must enter their password to approve the open amount donation before you can continue. It is necessary to configure the access level to which you assign your managers, or other high level employees, to have the ability to enter open items in the FOH. You may want to consider also giving your cashiers the ability to enter open items; otherwise, the manager approval screen appears for every open amount donation and a manager must enter their password to approve the donation before you can continue.
To provide the ability to enter an open amount donation:
- Select Maintenance > Labor > Pos Access Levels.
- Select an access level, such as manager or other high-level employee, from the drop-down list.
- Under the ‘Employee’ group bar, select Enter open items to enable the employee assigned to this access level to enter an open amount donation.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for any other access level requiring the ability to enter an open amount donation.
- Exit the Pos Access Levels function.
Continue to "Refreshing POS data."
After running a data refresh, return to the main Charitable Donations page.