Enabling on-screen viewing of custom FOH reports
If you use an Aloha POS version earlier than v15.1, custom FOH reports print to the local printer by default. To view a custom report on-screen instead of automatically sending it to the printer, and print the report only when desired, requires you to enable the print intercept functionality. To enable print intercept, register and ensure PrtInter.dll resides in the Bin directory. You must also include the appropriate command lines in PrtIncptr.ini in the Data and Newdata directories.
Reference: Refer to RKS ID 9552 Using Aloha Interceptor for detailed information on using the Print Intercept feature.
Effective with Aloha POS v15.1, PrtInter.dll is no longer required for viewing custom FOH reports on-screen. If you want custom reports to appear on the FOH instead of automatically printing, select ‘Display custom reports on the FOH’ under the ‘Report settings’ group bar, in the ‘Report Printing’ group on the Store Settings tab in Maintenance > Business > Store.
If using an Aloha POS version earlier than v15.1, to view custom FOH reports on-screen:
- If using Aloha POS version 6.7 or earlier, access Maintenance > Business > Store > Store Settings > System group > Interfaces tab and select Use FOH Com interface. For v12.3 and later, the COM interface is enabled by default.
- If you currently use print intercept to view standard reports on screen, locate and select PrtIncptr.ini in the Newdata directory and press Enter. The file opens in Notepad; otherwise, you need to create this file in Notepad and place it in the Newdata directory.
- Add the following command line:
- Select File > Save.
- Exit Notepad.
- If you currently use print intercept to view standard reports on screen, continue to step 7; otherwise, open a command prompt on each terminal, navigate to the Aloha\Bin folder on the Aloha site controller, and execute the following command:
- Refresh the system and start the FOH.
If using Aloha POS v15.1 or later, to view custom FOH reports on-screen:
- Select Maintenance > Business > Store.
- Select the Store Settings tab.
- Select the Report Printing group located at the bottom of the screen.
- Under the ‘Report settings’ group bar, select Display custom reports on the FOH to allow all custom FOH reports to appear on the FOH screen when you touch the desired report button. You can also print the report at the local receipt printer if you touch ‘Print’ on the Report screen.
- Click Save and exit the Store function.
Continue to "Creating a custom FOH report."