Activating a custom panel
After creating your new panel, or panels, the Activation Schedule and Event Schedule functions work together to establish when and for what job codes a custom panel appears during order entry. Set up a 'Set Order Screen Panel by Jobcode' event type. This event type replaces the existing buttons on the order entry screen with the custom panel you designate. You must select a job code for which you want the custom panel to appear. If you want a custom panel to appear for all employees, you must create an event for each applicable job code.
Edit or add an activation schedule
To display a custom panel, you need an activation schedule that recurs daily and is in effect all day. The activation schedule you choose determines when you want certain events to automatically recur, such as daily at start-of-day, or weekly starting at 5:00 p.m. every Thursday. The POS system provides a default 'Always' activation schedule configured for start-of-day, which meets the recurrence needs of this scenario; there is no need to create a new activation schedule.
Add Set Order Screen Panel by Jobcode event to event schedule
The 'Set Order Screen Panel by Jobcode' event type added to an event schedule establishes the custom panel to appear for each job code. How you use the Event Schedule function determines whether you add new events to an existing event schedule or add them to a new event schedule you create. For the purposes of this document, we assume you use one event schedule to which you add all events. Because you do not require this event to stop before the End-of-Day runs, it is not necessary to disable this event; however, it is entirely possible to do this, if desired.
To add the Set Order Screen Panel by Jobcode event type to an existing event schedule:
- Select Maintenance > System Settings > Event Schedule.
- Select the event schedule to edit from the drop-down list.
- Select the Events tab.
- Click the Add drop-down arrow, select Set Order Screen Panel by Jobcode as the event type, and click OK. The new event appears under the 'Events' group bar.
- Select Always from the 'Activation Schedule' drop-down list. Because the Always activation schedule stipulates to begin at 'start of day,' you cannot edit the 'Start time' in the event definition. This information is read only.
- Select the date on which you want the event to become active at the store in 'Start date.'
- Select the date on which you no longer want the event to be active at the store in 'End date.'
- Under the 'Set Order Screen Panel by Jobcode' group bar, select the job code for which you want a custom panel to appear from the drop-down list.
- Select the custom panel to appear in the lower right portion of the order entry screen specifically for the selected job code from the 'Order screen panel' drop-down list. The Events tab reflects your selections under the 'Events' group bar as you make them.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 4 through 11 to configure additional job codes for which you want a custom panel to appear on the order entry screen.
- Exit the Event Schedule function.
Reference: Refer to the Table Service Reference Guide and Table Service Screen Designer Guide for more information on Events.
Continue to "Refreshing POS data."
After running a data refresh, return to the main Custom Table Service Order Entry Screen page.