Determining the location from which to initiate Employee Reconciliation
Configure Employee Reconciliation to be initiated from a FOH terminal only or to be initiated from a FOH terminal and completed on the BOH terminal. Choose one method over the other based on your operating procedures, security, time, and the ability to tie up the Aloha Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals. If you choose to reconcile from the Back-of-House (BOH), the employee logging in to the BOH and initiating the procedure must have a security role with access to Payment Reconciliation.
To determine the location from which to initiate the Employee Reconciliation process:
Select Maintenance > Business > Store.
Select the Store Settings tab.
Select the Security group located at the bottom of the screen.
Under the POS Security group bar, select either Front of House or Front of House and Back of House from the 'Run employee reconciliation from' option.
Click Save in the Command panel.
Click Close in the Command panel to exit the Store function. If you select Front of House and Back of House, you must also ensure the BOH employee has a sufficient BOH security role to access the Payment Reconciliation menu option from the Functions menu.
To set a security role with the ability to perform Employee Reconciliation from the BOH:
- Select Maintenance > Labor > Security Roles.
- Select the security level assigned to the employee needing to run Payment Reconciliation from the BOH from the drop-down list.
- Select the POS tab.
- Under the Functions group bar, locate Payment Reconciliation and select View as the access right.
- Click Save in the Command panel.
- Repeat this procedure for other security roles needing to run Payment Reconciliation from the BOH.
- Click Close in the Command panel to exit the Security Roles function.