Fiscal Calendar Settings
Select Maintenance > Business > Fiscal Calendar Settings to access this function.
Use the Fiscal Calendar Settings to define the calendars used by your organization.
Use the ‘Settings’ tab to define all system and report parameters for sales, payroll, and inventory cycles. You may need to update this information periodically to add additional time to the calendars. You can also create several years in advance and view previous years.
Group Bar: Settings
Start of year after the last 53 week year — Designates the starting date for the fiscal year. The date defaults to the current date. For the current year, set this date to the first day of the business fiscal calendar.
Number of periods — Defines the number of reporting periods in the fiscal calendar.
- 12 — Defines a year-long calendar of 12 periods, roughly corresponding to months. Required Options: Selecting 12 enables the ‘Quarter layout’ option where you select a reporting pattern for each ‘month’ in the quarter.
- 13 — Defines a year-long calendar comprising 13 periods of four weeks each.
Quarter layout — Specifies the reporting pattern when you select 12 periods lasting three ‘months’ each.
- 5,4,4 — Specifies the quarter begins with a five week ‘month.’
- 4,5,4 — Specifies the quarter begins with a four week ‘month,’ followed by a five week ‘month.’
- 4,4,5 — Specifies the quarter ends with a five week ‘month.’
Automatically add 53rd week to year when required — When selected, adds a 53rd week to a fiscal calendar when the standard calendar begins and ends in the middle of a week. The starting week or the ending week reporting period will include dates from the prior or following standard calendar year.
Compare 53rd week to — Allows you to select to which year you want the 53rd week added. ‘Week 1 of current year’ or ‘Week 52 of prior year.’
The Preview tab allows you to view the selected year in calendar format.
Display year — Allows you to change the year appearing in the preview area.