Configuring the Givex gift card host
The POS system offers you the ability to prevent theft and abuse of gift cards; you can prevent the activation or redemption of a gift card on the same business day on which the card was activated and prevent the redemption of a gift card more than once in the same business day, unless with manager approval. Determine what you will allow or prevent for gift cards in Store Settings > Gift Card/Certificate Sales.
To configure the Givex gift card host:
- Select Maintenance > Business > Store.
- Select the Store Settings tab.
- Select the Gift Card/Certificate Sales group located at the bottom of the screen.
📝 If the Gift Card/Certificate Sales group is not available, you must access Maintenance > Business > Additional Features and select ‘Display gift card.’ Or, if using Aloha Configuration Center, log in as a corporate user and access Maintenance > Business > Corporate Administration. Log out and then log back in.
- Under the ‘Gift sales’ group bar, select Private Label from the ‘Gift card/Certificate provider’ drop-down list.
- Under the ‘Printing properties’ group bar, select Show last 4 digits on all vouchers to determine the portion of the gift card number to print on the voucher.
- Under the ‘Printing properties > Voucher’ group bar, select Print guest check message if you want a message to appear on the check.
- Under the ‘Restrictions’ group bar, select Cannot redeem same gift card twice in a day to prevent the redemption of the same gift card more than once in the same business day.
- Select Cannot activate and redeem gift card on same day to prevent the redemption of a gift card on the same business day on which the card is activated.
📝 To provide the ability to override these restrictions, select the appropriate access level in Maintenance > Labor > Pos Access Levels > Access Level tab and select ‘Override gift card restrictions’ under the ‘Financial’ group bar.
- Select Allow refund transactions for activations and reload to allow you to perform a refund for a customer who wishes to return a private label gift card they have purchased or remove additional funds loaded on their private label gift card.
📝 You must select Private Label from the ‘Gift card/certificate provider’ drop-down list to enable this option. The system supports this functionality for Givex private label gift cards only.
- Select Restrict multiple redemptions of the same gift card on a single check to prevent an employee from applying payments from the same gift card in increments to the same guest check. For example, you have a $20.00 check. With this feature selected, the employee must apply the entire card to the amount; not in $5.00 increments.
- Select Restrict multiple add values of the same gift card on a single check to prevent an employee from adding multiple values to the same gift card on the same guest check.
- Select Restrict activation of gift card until tendered to prevent the activation or reloading of a gift card until you receive payment and the guest check has a $0.00 balance. If activation or reload fails, the POS system sends an immediate reversal to the guest check, preventing over-payment.
- Click Save and exit the Store function.