Givex Gift Cards
Core Product: Aloha Quick Service, Aloha Table Service, Aloha EDC
Complimentary Products: No
Separate License Required? Yes, you must license your security key for Aloha EDC (Credit Card + MX under Software Packages) and Custom EDC (under Software Options).
Other References: Aloha Quick Service Reference Guide; Aloha Quick Service Report Guide; Aloha EDC User Guide
Other Requirements: The Givex Aloha driver installed on each terminal requires routable Internet.
About Givex Gift Cards
Givex gift cards make great gifts for any occasion; they make it easy and convenient for your customers, and offer a valuable marketing opportunity for your restaurant. Remaining card balances bring customers back, and increase average ticket size. Small amounts that are never redeemed become pure profit to your restaurant. At the same time, you can track each Givex gift card, and you have direct access to information, such as how many cards were used, the average value spent, when and where the cards were used, and more.
Givex gift cards are plastic, magnetic-striped cards that replace the old-fashioned paper gift certificates, and operate very similarly to credit cards. You can purchase them from the vendor with a predetermined value, such as $10.00, or as an open value card. An open value gift card lets the guest purchasing the card determine the value of the card. Once activated, each of these can have additional value added to them, if configured to do so.
When you are selling and redeeming Givex gift cards, the Aloha® Point-of-Sale (POS) system connects to the host for verification and authorization. If you are selling a new card, it is activated at this time. If you are redeeming a gift card, an immediate adjustment is made to the card balance at the host location. Therefore, with gift cards, you are able to maintain a higher level of control, security, and tracking capabilities.
Effective with Aloha POS v12.3 and EDC v12.3 and later, using a plug-in, you can now support the Givex gift card as a full service gift and loyalty card provider. This feature supports the following transactions:
- Activate card
- Add value
- Card balance
You must work with Givex to configure the GCM.ini file.
To support Givex gift cards, you must perform the following:
- Install the Givex Plug-In.
- Configure Givex/Private Label for Aloha EDC.
To accept 24-digit gift card numbers, you must update to the following:
- Aloha POS version to 19.6+
- Aloha EDC to v19.4+
- Givex plugin to v15.1.178+
Although no configuration is necessary, you may need to access Maintenance > Payments > Tenders > Identification tab and update the Givex gift card number to 24-digits under the ‘Identification’ group bar.
Reference: If you partner with Givex to offer a digital mobile coupon program to your frequent guests, refer to the Givex Mobile Coupons Feature Focus Guide.
Installing Givex gift cards
- Givex requirements
- Prerequisites: What you need to do before installing Givex
- Installing the Givex UPI plug-in
Configuring Givex gift cards
- Configuring Givex as the processor for gift cards
- Configuring the Givex gift card host
- Configure items for selling Givex gift cards
- Configure a tender for applying a payment with a gift card
- Designating Givex as gift card processor
- Adding Givex gift card buttons to the FOH
- Supporting gift card activation and query by bar code scan
- Refreshing POS data
Using Givex gift cards
- Redeeming Givex gift cards
- Cashing out a Givex gift card
- Activating a Givex gift card
- Adding value to a Givex gift card
- Determining the balance of a Givex gift card