Configuring the Aloha Takeout system parameters
Aloha Takeout communicates with the Aloha POS system through Aloha Connect. You must define the IP address the system uses to communicate for Aloha Takeout to function correctly.
If you are using Configuration Center to configure a multi-site environment and the Aloha IP address varies by site, use the 'Version' function to create Aloha Takeout system parameters for each site, then set the IP address for the version owned by each site.
- With Takeout selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Takeout Configuration > System Parameters.
- Under the 'Service' group bar, type the IP address the Aloha BOH site controller uses to connect to the Aloha network, in 'Service host.' The Aloha Takeout service broadcasts and accepts messages across this IP. If the IP address is incorrect or the network adapter is not at the top in the Connections frame, the terminals will not be able to connect to the service.
- Clear Start POS Interface unless you are running Aloha Online. This option automatically starts and restarts a UI-less instance of Iber(qs).exe on the BOH computer to accept orders from Aloha Online.
- Unless instructed by an NCR representative, leave other settings as default.
- Click Save and exit the System Parameters function.