Configuring Panel Options: Future tab
The options on the Future tab apply only to the appearance and behavior of the Future Orders screen.
To configure settings for the Future Orders screen:
- With Takeout selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Takeout Configuration > Takeout Settings > Panel Options tab > Future tab.
- Select Enable multi-selection to allow you to select more than one order at a time to release. You can use this option to select all orders for breakfast, then touch 'Release Now' to release the selected orders. This helps with catering operations by manually sending orders to the kitchen in bulk.
- Use the arrows or type the number of seconds an alert box remains visible before it closes, in 'Alert box timeout.' Recommended: 5 seconds.
- Type the number of seconds after you stop typing characters in the search box that the system waits before automatically performing a search of orders that meet the search criteria, in 'Customer view auto search timeout (seconds).' Recommended: 1 second.
- Use the arrows or type the number of weeks that appear on the Future Orders screen in 'Month view number of weeks.' Recommended: Select 5 (weeks) for 15" terminals or 3 (weeks) for 12"/800 x 600 terminals.
- Select Enable future auto expansion to allow the system to automatically expand segments within the 'Future auto expand threshold (in minutes)' when you access the Future screen. Upcoming order segments appear in expanded segments for manual release. Orders for later release are hidden in collapsed segments. This reduces information overload and button touches to expand segments each time you access the Future Orders screen.
- Type the number of minutes the system automatically expands segments when you access the Dispatch screen in 'Future auto expand threshold (in minutes).' Recommended: 180 minutes (3 hours).
- Select Enable quick detail to allow you to view item and payment information for an Aloha Takeout order in a popup window. You must press and hold down the order to display the window. Use this feature as an alternative to selecting an order and touching Order Details to view check content from the full-sized Check Details screen.
- Click Save.
To add columns to the Future Orders screen:
Determine which columns appear on the Future Orders screen, and the order in which the columns appear, from left to right.
- Click Add, select a type of column from the drop-down list, and click OK to add the column to the active list.
- Click Move up and Move down to organize the columns from left to right as they appear on the Future Orders screen.
- Repeat this procedure for each column to appear on the Future Orders screen.
- Click Save.
Reference: See the Aloha Takeout Reference Guide for column definitions.
To add actions to the Future Orders screen:
Select the actions that best apply to your operational needs to appear on the right side of the Future Orders screen.
- Click Add, select an action from the 'Type' drop-down list, and click OK to move the action to the active list.
- Click Move up and Move down to organize actions from top to bottom on the screen.
- Repeat this procedure for each action to add to the Future Orders screen.
- Click Save.
Reference: See the Aloha Takeout Reference Guide for definitions of actions.