Creating a customer credit for Aloha Takeout
When customers experience trouble with an order, you can often make amends with a customer credit for their next order. You accomplish this by creating a comp in the Aloha POS specifically for use with Aloha Takeout and enabling the 'customer credit' feature in Aloha Takeout.
With QS or TS selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Payments > Comps.
Click New, select Regular as the comp type, and click OK.
Under the 'Settings' group bar, type a name and a check name. (Required)
Type the maximum amount allowed for the comp. (Recommended)
Select Active. (Required)
Select Manager required, to require a manager to approve the comp. (Optional)
Note: The POS access level for the logged in employee determines if the employee can authorize a customer credit; if not, the system presents a screen for manager approval.
Select Prompt for amount from the 'Method' drop-down list to enable ATO to pass the credit amount to the POS (Required).
Note: After configuring Aloha Takeout to make use of this comp, an employee can credit the customer any amount; however, two factors limit customer credits when applying the comp: 1. If the customer credit value associated with the guest exceeds the 'Maximum amount' threshold defined for the comp, the POS limits the credit to the 'Maximum amount' threshold. -OR- 2. If the customer credit value associated with the guest exceeds the subtotal of the check, the POS limits the credit to the subtotal of the check.
Click Save and exit the Comps function. See Configuring Customer Credit.
Configuring Customer Credit
Aloha Takeout enables you to let a customer rollover any unused credits toward their next order. Additionally, you can configure the system to inform employees when a customer has an unused credit. Previously, the system applied the payment without applying the unused credit.
- With Takeout selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Takeout Configuration > Takeout Settings > Options tab.
- Under the 'Customer Credit' group bar, select Enable customer credit.
- Select the comp created specifically for Aloha Takeout from the 'Credit comp ID' drop-down list.
- Select Roll over surplus credits to add unused customer credits back onto a customer account for use on their next order.
- Select Prompt to apply on payment to prompt the FOH employee to ask a customer if they want to apply unused credits toward their check.
- Click Save.