Enabling the order confirmation screen
The confirmation screen allows you to review the order, promise time, and contact information with a customer before finalizing the order and sending it to the kitchen. If adjustments are needed, you can return to the POS to edit the order, change , or change the promise time to a later time or date.
- With Takeout selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Takeout Configuration > Takeout Settings > Options tab.
- Under the 'Order Confirmation' group bar, select Enable order confirmation to have an order summary dialog appear on the FOH for employees to confirm an order with a customer before finalizing. When selected, additional order confirmation options appear.
- Clear Allow new orders to be converted to dine-in from the confirmation screen. Select this option only if it is possible to convert new unordered takeout orders to dine-in orders with Quick Service. This option requires you to map the "Dine-In" order mode to a POS order mode on the Takeout Settings > Order Modes tab.
- Clear Display confirmation screen on modified orders to prevent the confirmation screen from appearing each time you recall and re-finalize an ATO check.
- Clear Order items prior to confirmation (order summary screen), if using Aloha POS v6.7 or later. You only need this option if using POS v6.5 and earlier or Aloha Takeout v1.1, to calculate the delivery fee before the confirmation screen appears. Earlier POS and ATO versions require you to order items before the POS can calculate a delivery fee.
- Select Enable deposits on order confirmation to place the Deposit button on the Order Confirmation screen, which allows you to add a deposit for a future order while on the screen.
- Select Calculate promise time based on order confirmation time to calculate the promise time based on when you finish placing the order, instead of when you begin placing the order. Use this option for menus you feel may anticipate several questions from the guest, such as for a complex pizza environment.