Takeout Settings > Tenders tab
Use the Tenders tab to associate Aloha POS tenders to ATO. Once added to the list, you can accept these tenders as a form of payment when closing a check, storing a credit card payment, or applying a payment to a deposit, from within Aloha Takeout. Use tenders in ATO as follows:
Group Bar: Tender types
Use Add and Remove to add or remove tenders from the table, as necessary. The table lists tender information in several columns. You can drag and drop to rearrange the order of the columns in the table:
Tender type — Specifies the ATO type of tender selected for use in the list. You can use each type of tender only one time in the list.
- Cash — Defines the cash tender to use for deposits and to automatically close delivered orders upon driver return.
- Credit — Defines each credit card tender, for use with deposits or stored payments. Add all payment cards accepted at your site.
- Deposit — Defines the deposit tender applied to released future orders to offset deposit amounts accepted on previous days. This is the same POS tender ID defined in 'Deposit tender' on the Deposits tab.
- House Account — Defines the tender used to apply a house account payment to an order.
- Prepaid — Defines the tender used to apply a prepaid tender to an order when you touch Prepaid on the Confirmation screen. Delivery services and other business functions may leverage prepaid functionality.
- Check — Defines the tender used for personal check payments.
Tender ID — Specifies the Aloha POS tender ID to associate with the ATO tender type previously selected. Required Options: You must define tender IDs in Maintenance > Payments > Tenders.
Deposit tender — Specifies the generic tender created in the Tenders function in Aloha POS for Aloha Takeout to use when applying a deposit with rounding rules. If the deposit tender does not use rounding rules, select Default from the drop-down list and Aloha Takeout uses the tender specified in 'Deposit tender' option in Takeout Settings > Deposits tab.
Available for deposits — Makes a selected tender available to accept as payment for future order deposits. Tenders with this option selected appear on the deposit screens.
Description — Allows you to type a short, optional description of each tender you add to the list. Descriptions appear on the deposit modal for the associated tender button, overriding the default system tender name.
Display in UI — Displays the tender on the FOH Aloha Takeout screen.