Configuring Front-of-House to start
If ATG (Aloha Transaction Gateway) or a third-party software launches the Front-of-House (Iber.exe or Iberqs.exe) from the BOH, then the ATO application needs to also. To do this, configure the Takeout System Parameters function.
To configure Iber to start on the BOH:
- With Takeout selected in the product panel, select Maintenance > Takeout Configuration > Takeout System Parameters.
- Under the ‘Service’ group bar, type the IP address the Aloha BOH site controller uses to connect to the Aloha network in ‘Service Host.’ The Aloha Takeout service broadcasts and accepts messages across this IP. If the IP address is incorrect or the network adapter is not at the top of the Connections frame, the terminals will not be able to connect to the service.
- Select Start POS Interface to automatically start and restart a UI-less instance of Iber.exe or Iberqs.exe on the BOH computer to accept orders from a web order.
- Leave all emaining options as their default unless otherwise instructed.
- Click Save and exit the Takeout System Parameters function.