Using bar code scanners with ATO
Using bar code scanning with Aloha Takeout is usually a two-step process, with a delay in the middle.
Accepting a takeout order
- Create a new takeout order for a customer.
- Add takeout items to the check.
- Order the items.
- Print the check, containing a bar code, and hand to the customer.
- Address the next customer in line.
At this point, the customer shops within the convenience store, or waits for the takeout order to be prepared.
Scanning bar code when customer arrives back at the counter
- Log in and select the ATO Orders screen.
- Scan the bar code on the customer's check with the scanner attached to the terminal. ATO recalls the check and it appears in the POS order entry screen.
- Add any convenience store items to the check.
- Tender and close the check as normal.