Understanding the multi-store environment
The multi-store environment allows merchants with more than one store to create one parent company with multiple child stores associated to the company. You can add new stores as your business grows.
Key multi-store features to consider when determining if the multi-store environment is right for you
The multi-store environment may not be right for everyone having more than one store. To get the best results from the multi-store environment, your stores should share the same or very similar concepts or types of business. Stores with similar business concepts allow your categories and items to be shared across all of your stores.
With the multi-store environment:
- You have one common set of items that are shared across all of your stores, and you can assign and unassign items to stores.
- Items are priced the same across all of your stores, but you can enter store-specific prices as needed.
Scenario: Stores with the same concept
You own two or more small coffee shops. Most likely, you sell the same items at each of your shops. If you have one shop that sells more bakery items, you can add those store-specific items to that store.
Scenario: Stores with different concepts
You own a small coffee shop and a t-shirt store. Most likely, you are not selling the same coffee shop items at your t-shirt store. Since items are shared across stores, our multi-store feature may not be right for you. In this scenario, it would be better to set up each store as individual accounts.
Additional features when using multi-store environment
- Modifiers and discounts are not store-specific and are available across all your stores.
- Employees are shared across all of your stores, but you can assign employees to specific stores.
- Use one Back Office login with access to all the stores in your company. Once logged in, use the store selector to view all stores (company view) or a single store. You can change your view at any time without having to log out and log back in.
- View store-specific AND company-wide consolidated reports and dashboards.
- You can still customize store-specific information, such as taxes, receipts, store names and addresses, item availability, and create store-specific pricing for items.
- Email marketing and social sharing are managed at the company level.
- Each store has its own subscription and is charged the same monthly rate.
Are you ready to use the multi-store environment?
If you have decided that your business model fits well with the multi-store environment, please call our Customer Care team to get started.
See also: Comparing Company View and Store View
Looking for resources or help with Silver? Click here.