Setting up payments
Use Settings > Payments Methods to define the different payment methods. You must log in to a specific site to access this function. Back Office supports the following payment methods:
Setting Up Integrated Gift Cards — If you are currently signed up with a merchant services provider supported by our system, we will work with you and also with your provider to complete your credit setup. Please contact Customer Care at 1-877-270-3475 to determine the information is needed to set up integrated credit and gift card processing. Once the integrated setup is complete, we will send you an email about the status of integrated credit availability. You will also see a Status of Active on the Payment Methods screen.
Integrated Credit & Non-Integrated — Integrated credit allows you to use a system-approved credit processor to process your customer's credit cards or gift cards and also allows through your POS system.
The non-integrated credit option allows you to simply use our system to ring in transactions (for reporting etc.) and process credit payment on a stand alone terminal.
To accept integrated credit payments, you will need to select a certified processor to use with an NCR secure credit card reader.
If you are converting an old POS to NCR Silver and have existing merchant services:
- Verify that your merchant service provider is on the list of certified processors listed below.
- Request new credit card processing parameters for NCR Silver, which processes on the latest version of Monetra. These parameters are sometimes referred to as a "VAR" sheet.
- Submit the VAR sheet with your NCR Silver A-S subscription number to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are opening a brand new store or setting up credit card payments for the first time:
- Contact one of the certified processors listed below.
- Request credit card processing parameters for NCR Silver, which processes on the latest version of Monetra. These parameters are sometimes referred to as a "VAR" sheet.
- Submit the VAR sheet with your NCR Silver A-S subscription number to email@example.com
📝 NCR is not responsible for, and does not dictate the credit card processing rates provided by our integrated processors.
- Loopback Emulator
- RBS WorldPay (aka Lynk Systems) [Visa2]
- Elavon (aka Nova) - Non-EMV
- Elavon (aka Nova) - EMV
- Mercury Payment Systems (acquired by Vantiv/Tandem/Fifth Third as of 2/19/16)
- First Data - North (aka Cardnet)
- First Data - GIFT (aka ValueLink/FDMS Gift)
- Global Payments
- TSYS (aka Vital/VisaNet)
- Chase Paymentech - Tampa
- Vantiv (fka Fifth Third Bank)  (credit-only) (merged with WorldPay as of 1/16/18)
- Vantiv (fka Fifth Third Bank)  (gift, ebt, debit, credit) (merged with WorldPay as of 1/16/18)
- First Data - Omaha (aka ETC+)
- Heartland Payment Systems
- First Data - South (aka Nabanco)
- Chockstone (Gift Card, Owned by Heartland Payment Systems)
- Valutec - Giftcard
- Valutec - Giftcard (Web Services)
- Stored Value Systems - Giftcard
- PayPal - Mobile In Store (MIS)
- Aloha Stored Value Web Services
- RBS WorldPay (TCMP)
- Bluefin Contact
- NCR Payment Solutions (formerly JetPay)
Setting up your accepted payment methods
Log in to Back Office using a specific site.
Select Settings > Payments Methods. The Payment Methods screen appears.
For Integrated Credit group bar:
- Processor/Gateway – Selected processor/gateway in the Back Office is displayed.
- Manual Card Entry – Select Allow, if you allow manual entry of the customer's credit card details; otherwise, select Don't Allow. This is subjected to PCI requirements. PCI compliance is mandated by credit card companies to ensure the security of all credit card transactions and cardholder personal data.
- Credit Card Tips – Select Accept, if you allow POS users and/or your customers to enter a tip amount on the POS device when paying with a credit card; otherwise, select Don't Accept.
- Require signature for purchases greater than – Enter the minimum amount at which to require a customer's signature in 'Require signature for purchases greater than.' To enable faster checkouts, you can enter a minimum dollar amount of $99,999.99 at which to require a customer's signature.
For Offline Credit group bar:
- Select the check box for accepting the Offline Credit Terms and Conditions.
- Maximum Transaction Amount – Enter the maximum transaction amount.
- Maximum Total(by device) – Enter maximum for the each device.
For Integrated Gift Cards group bar:
- Status – Displays the current status, if your gift card processing is active or not.
- Batch Settlement – Select Manual to manually send your batch settlement to your payment processor. To settle a batch manually go on the RESULTS > CREDIT SETTLEMENT screen each time you are ready to settle a batch.
Select Automatic (default), the system will pre-populate the Send Batch at field with the optimal time (in EST) to automatically send your batch settlement to your payment processor to ensure the quickest deposit of funds. You can change this time if you prefer to send it at a different time. Please note that if you accept tips, be sure to review your settlement time to ensure it allows you adequate time to enter tips before settlement occurs. Once settlement is complete, no changes can be made to a transaction.
- Send Batch at – (This option appears once you select the Batch Settlement as Automatic) Designate the time at which to settle credit card batches in 'Send Batch at.' Be sure to set your batch settlement time to occur after your normal business hours.
📝 The batch settlement is not available for all credit gateways. You can only adjust tips for closed transactions that belong to a batch that has not been settled yet. If you adjust tips at the end of your business day, you want to be sure to set your batch settlement time to occur after your normal business hours.
For Payment Terminal – Needed, if you use an EMV device, which customer care will assist in setting up.
We offer integrations with LevelUp and PayPal. Each requires an account with the individual third-party partner. You can link your account to here in the Back Office. For more information on setting up payment terminals, click here.
For Accepted Payment Methods – Select your payment methods for your store. These simplified ways will allows the customer payments. The POS provides options based on your selections.
- Cash – Uncheck to allow your location to support the payments in cashless mode.
- Prepaid Coupons – Select this option if your store to accept daily deals (e.g. Groupon™ or LivingSocial™) or similar pre paid coupons.
- Credit Cards
- Gift Cards
For Cash Rounding – If your current country does not support penny currency, select the denomination for cash rounding. Select a rounding for currency from the drop down list.
Click Save to complete your changes.
EMV is a global standard for credit and debit transactions based on a chip and PIN/signature technology that provides a high level of security against fraud. EMV chip cards contain embedded microprocessors that provide strong transaction security features and other application capabilities not possible with traditional magnetic stripe cards. While you would use the chip and signature method (the current US standard) for transactions, you can also still use the traditional magnetic swipes with the EMV reader for cards that are not EMV enabled.
To work with EMV:
- You proceed to complete the transaction and use Credit option as method of payment.
- Your customers insert their cards into your PIN pad and authenticate the transactions using their signature.
To process the transactions:
A new credit card processing terminal, available from NCR in order to configure EMV for Silver, you need the following information on hand:
- Terminal Serial Number (located on the back of the terminal)
- Terminal ID (provided by Customer Care)
- Transaction Key (provided by Customer Care)
📝 The Back Office instructions listed below will be completed for you by Customer Care.
To configure emv:
Log in to your Back Office using a specific site.
Select Settings > Payment Methods.
Scroll down to Payment Terminal and click Setup Payment Terminals. The Payment Terminal screen appears.
📝In order to enter the Payment terminal details, your user role needs to have access to Payment Methods. For more information on user roles, refer to Defining user roles.
Click Add a Terminal.
To activate a terminal:
- USERNAME – Enter the terminal user name.
- PASSWORD – Enter to password to access the terminal.
- STATION NAME – Choose a station name form the drop-down list.
- TYPE – Displays the terminal type as Masterline or Subline.
Enabling offline credit mode
⚠️ Offline Credit mode can only be enabled by an Account Manager, due to the increased liability and risk exposure.
⚠️ Do NOT delete the POS app when you are in Offline Credit mode. If you do this, all offline credit transaction will be lost and cannot be recovered.
Enabling Offline Credit mode allows you to process a limited number of credit card transactions, when the connection is not available between your POS device and the credit card processor. Once connection is reestablished, all transactions are sent to the processor automatically.
Features that are not supported in offline mode include:
- Payment by gift card and checking gift card balances
- Manual card entry
- Returns to original credit card
📝 Before processing an offline credit transaction at the POS, ensure at least one online credit card transaction is processed, this is to verify that the credit set up was successfully completed.
To enable Offline Credit mode:
- Log in to Back Office using specific Store View.
- Select Settings > Payments.
- In the Offline Credit section, click ON.
- Review and accept the Offline Credit Terms & Conditions.
Risks associated with Offline Credit mode includes:
- Cards may be declined once back online.
- Prepaid credit cards (i.e., Visa gift cards) are accepted without the balance being verified.
- If the POS app is deleted from the device, before offline credit transactions are sent to the processor, the transactions and any associated payments will be lost.
- Set the Maximum Transaction Amount (total amount allowed for a single transaction while in Offline Credit mode) and the Maximum Total by Device (total amount for all transactions completed while in Offline Credit mode) allowed for Offline Credit Mode. The maximum amount that can be set is $5,000.
- Click Save.
- Exit the Payments function.
📝 If you are a multi-store customer, repeat steps 2 through 6 for each store.
Viewing offline credit reports
There are reports in the back office and on the POS that shows information regarding transactions processed in Offline Mode. Users with user role access to Reports, there is an Offline Credit report that shows any pending credit card transactions that have not yet been sent to the credit processor.
Looking for resources or help with Silver? Click here.