Troubleshooting cash drawers
Problem/Scenario: Customer can not open a cash drawer except when selecting No Sale on POS.
Symptoms to identify issue: Cash transactions do not pop out the cash drawer.
- Check Back Office user roles to ensure the employee that is signed in has permission to use the cash drawer.
- Check the printer settings for the printer that the cash drawer is attached to is enabled under the respective receipt printer in My Hardware.
- Ensure the cash drawer cable is plugged into the DK port on the printer and not on the ethernet port.
- Make sure the cash drawer is unlocked. The keyhole should be in 12 O'clock position.
If you have a technical/support issue, open a case using one of the following methods. When submitting a case, the following information helps our team resolve your issue more quickly:
To open a case:
- Call or text the support line: (877) 270-3475.
- Email email@example.com. A case number is returned to you.
To submit a case, include the following:
- Your name, phone number and/or email address.
- Business name and location and/or active subscription number.
- Description of issue and what has been done to troubleshoot the issue so far.
Looking for resources or help with Silver? Click here.