Troubleshooting credit card readers
First, review some Credit Card swiping suggestions, including a helpful video from MagTek. MagTek manufactures the iDynamo Credit Card Reader that is used with the POS app. It is important to note that the Credit Card Reader for POS app is uniquely encrypted to work with our POS app. If you purchased a credit card reader from some other source, it will not work with our POS app. If you need to purchase the Credit Card reader, you can do that from the Back Office by clicking on your user name and clicking Buy Hardware (if your user role grants you access to this feature).
If you are still having issues, let's walk through each of these procedures to troubleshoot the source of the problem:
- Make sure the MSR is securely plugged in using the correct sleeve/adapter.
- Make sure there is room around the MSR for full swipe movement. Do not crowd the workspace. Allow plenty of space for full card swipe.
- Check to avoid any magnetic interference from other devices.
- Make sure to swipe the card with the magnetic stripe facing the magnetic read head. If the POS device screen is facing toward you, the magnetic stripe needs to be held with the stripe away from you.
- Check the card's magnetic stripe for damage.
- Do not swipe too fast. Do not swipe too slow.
- Swipe in a flat movement. Do not lift up or push down.
If you have a technical/support issue, open a case using one of the following methods. When submitting a case, the following information helps our team resolve your issue more quickly:
To open a case:
- Call or text the support line: (877) 270-3475.
- Email email@example.com. A case number is returned to you.
To submit a case, include the following:
- Your name, phone number and/or email address.
- Business name and location and/or active subscription number.
- Description of issue and what has been done to troubleshoot the issue so far.
Looking for resources or help with Silver? Click here.