Emerald POS Release Notes v1.7.2
Learn what's new in the 1.7.2 version of Emerald POS software for retail customers.
September 20, 2022
This release includes the following information:
- New Features
REF 452447: Receipt – Add the Ability to Configure URL/QR for Each Store and Embed it on the Receipt as a Parameter
Emerald was updated with the ability to print a second image on the receipt.
Currently, Emerald supports printing one image on the receipt, typically the Retailer’s logo. With this development, the ability to add a second image to the receipt is supported via configuration. The configuration enables uploading the image of a QR code which points customers to a survey site URL from the customer. The second image logo can be uploaded via the CCM Office/Receipt Templates using the name of the image ‘SecondImage.bmp’ or the new SecondLogoImage.BusinessUnitImageMaintenance RTI.
Any image in base64 encoding can be uploaded using the RTI. The image can be added to the section they wish to print it, i.e., in the footer or header. This is configured via existing Receipt Template RTIs or in the CCM Office/Receipt Templates module.
The 'Second image’ can be added to the receipt logos, for root, each BU, and across each touchpoint.
REF 533581: Prohibit Void of Food Stamp Items that have Already Been Paid for with EBT SNAP Tender
Till now, Emerald allowed the cashier to void an EBT FS-eligible item after it was paid for with an EBT FS card, but on going back to Tender mode, the POS prompted ‘Tenders EBT Food Stamps have invalid eligibility’, Void one or more tender before continuing’. The cashier could not finalize the transaction unless the same EBT FS eligible item was re-added, or until the EBT FS tender was voided.
Emerald was enhanced to prohibit voiding EBT Food Stamp (EBT FS) eligible items (by Void Item/Void Line) and changing the item eligibility of an EBT FS item in the transaction if the amount partially paid with an EBT FS tender is more than the remaining EBT FS items in the basket.
If the cashier tries to void an item and the remaining EBT FS items in the basket are covered by the EBT FS payment, but the EBT FS payment is more than the EBT FS items in the basket, a new message is prompted ‘Items cannot be voided after partial payment with EBT FS’.
If the cashier tries to change the eligibility of an item and the remaining EBT FS items in the basket are covered by the EBT FS payment, but the EBT FS payment is more than the EBT FS items in the basket, a new message is prompted ‘Items eligibility cannot be changed after partial payment with EBT FS’.
An EBT FS tender in the transaction must always be equal to or less than the EBT FS items amount in the basket.
A new TendersItemsEligibilityConfiguration RTI was added to determine if the system checks the item eligibility when a restricted item is voided or the item eligibility is changed.
REF 534348: Validate Driver License Expiry Date when Scanned for Age Verification
Emerald POS was enhanced with the ability to validate the expiration date of a driver license that was scanned for age verification when buying age restricted items. If the driver license used as a form of ID for age verification has expired, Emerald prompts a new error message rejecting the age verification. The cashier can then use a different form of ID to approve the age verification.
To support this feature, the ability to extract the Expiration Date of the Driver License from the Driver License Data Pattern was added by default by code.
REF 536631: Catalog Error Handling Enhancements – Phase 2
Emerald has handled the gaps in the catalog synchronization process.
REF 541841: Sale – Allow Quantity Key for GS1 Barcode of Simple Item
Emerald was updated with the ability to use the quantity key ‘X’ on the POS to sell items via a simple GS1 barcode, i.e., a GS1 barcode without an amount or weight embedded in the barcode. GS1 barcodes comprise a combination of many entities, such as Item Identifier, item price, item UOM, item weight, etc., each type has its own structure and data pattern to recognize the barcode. GS1 barcodes are mostly unique.
With this development, GS1 is now used for regular items that contain only the identifier of the item, like with a UPC, which do not have a unique barcode. Therefore, these items can be sold by quantity.
A simple GS1 barcode includes an item identifier that starts at Position 1 and the length is 13.
REF 536532: Fuel – Add Cashier Confirmation Prior to Fuel Price Update
Currently, a parameter called FuelPricesUpdatedNotificationTimeInMinutes is supported to prompt the cashiers with a message when a fuel price change event is about to take place. This message is only informative and does not prevent the new prices from being applied. This alert is prompted according to a defined number of minutes prior to the price update.
Emerald was updated with the ability to prompt a new message on the FuelPOS to enable the cashier to actually approve to confirm the fuel price change can take effect. This enables the cashier to update the store’s Price Signs with the new prices only once confirmation is provided.
The cashier is able to snooze the Fuel popup message, if required, for example, when the message is prompted, if the cashier is busy, they can snooze it, this is also by configuration.
The following new parameters were added:
- RequestCashierConfirmation - when set to true, prior to a fuel price change taking effect, a message is prompted on the FuelPOS. (The default is false).
- ConfirmationMessageSnoozeTime – indicates the time interval between message popups. For example, if a message is prompted regarding a fuel price change and the cashier closes it without confirming, once the defined time has exceeded, the message is prompted again. (Default is 1 minute). This parameter is dependent on the RequestCashierConfirmation parameter.
- On the FuelPOS, in the Fuel Prices Update Schedule at: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm screen, the following changes were made:
- A new button called ‘Approve’ was added. This is only displayed if the new RequestCashierConfirmation parameter is set to true.
- The existing OK button was changed to display ‘Close’ regardless of the new parameters.
- On performing a Manual Fuel Price Update, there will not be any notification.
The FuelPOS message alert is supported in the Hello screen, Login screen, Auto Lock screen, and No Sale mode.
If the cashier is in the middle of a transaction, only once the transaction is completed, the message is prompted.
REF 534412: Tax Enhancements and Bug Fixes
In this epic, the following defects were addressed:
- 533795 Tax - The calculated tax amount was different for a sale and a return - Multi tier taxes
- 534011 Tax – the exemption amount was not rounded correctly in cases of a tax for some line items.
- 534410 Tax amount was not the same in the TBR as in the sale.
- 534411 Tax amount was not the same in the NRR as in the sale.
- 534906 Wrong Tax amount rounding for top tier tax.
REF 534853: Print Loyalty Info on Check Endorsement
Emerald was enhanced to include the customer's loyalty information in the check endorsement details printed on the check. When a customer pays with a Check (fully or partially), if the Member ID information is provided, it is included in the Check Endorsement details printed on the Check.
(Loyalty Card Name): 123456789
Check endorsement is configurable by RTI only via the EndorsementMaintenanceRequest.
Currently, Emerald supports endorsing the following details on the back of the Check:
- Fixed Text – configurable per endorsement
- Current date time – the format is taken from the configuration in the Culture entity of the store.
- Store ID
- Store Name
- POS ID
- Cashier ID
- Transaction number
- Transaction balance due
- Tender Amount
- Tender ID
- Tender name
- Bank Account Number
A new LineDefinition was added with a new parameter key called ‘LoyaltyCardNumber’. The LoyaltyCardNumber parameter populates the Loyalty ID of the customer, if available.
The CheckEndorsementMaintenance RTI Receipt Template was updated to include the new LineDefinition for the Loyalty Card Number.
REF 537801: Remove Performance Counter Service Dependency from DMS
Emerald have removed the obsolete Windows Performance Counters from Emerald 1.0. This change resolved a problem in which some cases the Window Performance Counters required administrative permissions for correct operation.
REF 538096: Logs Retention Policy – File Not Being Retained According to the Config File – POS Client
Emerald was enhanced with the ability to delete old log files according to the configuration in the Logger.Config file. The configuration done via the
REF 540436: Load POS Command and Tender Menus on Login Flag
The Emerald POS app.config file was updated with a new flag called LoadMenus. In each login event at the POS, if the app.config file does not include the LoadMenus property, based on the new LoadMenus flag (true/false), the POS loads all the changes in the Command and Tender menus without having to restart the POS.
REF 534699: Change the Balance Inquiry TLog to Comply with Canonical TDM Design
Emerald was enhanced to generate a separate Balance Inquiry TLog for Online Item Balance Inquiries performed in a sales transaction.
Two separate Tlogs are generated: one for the sales transaction, excluding the Balance Inquiry event, and one that reflects the Balance Inquiry.
The new Balance Inquiry TLog complies with the Canonical TLog format and is generated in addition to the sales transaction TLOG which excludes the Balance Inquiry details.
A Balance Inquiry TLog is also generated:
- If a Balance Inquiry is performed in No Sale mode, for example, when the customer asks to check the card balance before purchasing items or after the sales transaction is completed or in a Return transaction.
- If the Balance Inquiry is performed and declined in either Sale or No Sale mode.
REF 530104: L&P - Emerald to Enhance the Simple Promotion by Getting Indicator from the PE (AMS ) - Phase 2
In phase 1, a development was done to determine how simple promotions are displayed on the Cashier Display, Customer Display, and Receipt when integrated with the NCR Unified Loyalty Promotions (ULP) service.
In phase 2, end to end testing was completed and the feature is now fully integrated.
REF 533690: Emerald to Enhance the MFR Promotions Behavior on Receipts - Phase 2
In phase 1, a development was done to display the MFR discounts in the item section of the receipt when integrated with the NCR Unified Loyalty Promotions (ULP) service. This enables the customer to identify the items impacted by MFR discounts. The previous option where the MFR Coupons are placed under the Tender section in the receipt is still supported. In phase 2, end to end testing was completed and the feature is now fully integrated.
REF 536741, 535687: Add Parameter to Control Pre-Swipe Functionality on POS – Epsilon and Connected Payments
NCR Emerald was enhanced with the ability to disable the Pre swipe functionality on the POS by configuration. This is required when NCR Emerald is integrated with payment systems that do not support pre swiping payment cards.
Note: This feature is supported when the EPS provider is either Epsilon or Connected Payments (CP).
The EpsStateMapping.XML defines the state of the PIN pad and determines if the Pre swipe option at the POS is enabled/disabled.
The EpsState ‘CardIdentificationExpected’/’CardIdentificationNotExpected’ was updated with a new parameter ‘PreSwipeDisabled to enable or disable pre swipes on the PIN to determine if the PIN pad is enabled/disabled throughout the sales transaction and remains active, or not. When the PreSwipeDisabled option is false, the PIN pad is enabled during a sales transaction until the cashier moves to Tender mode and selects a Tender such as Credit / Debit card.
The PIN pad displays the Transaction balance, and the payment card can then be swiped to complete the transaction.
REF 534807: EPS Payment Stabilization
Emerald solved the following issues for EPS payment stabilization:
- The POS and Pin Pad was unresponsive when a check was utilized in split payments in EBT transactions.
- The PIN pad was not calling for a reset after a power interruption. After retesting the power interruption scenarios, the following was found:
- In a regular sale and in Tender mode, after the power interruption, the PIN pad was reconnecting as expected.
- With Alternate ID configuration, in tender mode it is working as expected, but in sale mode with mx925 the PIN pad is prompting to insert the card but with mx915 the PIN pad is on the ‘please wait’ screen and if we move to tender mode pin pad is prompting to insert the card. We also observed with mx925, MTX_POS_GET_DataEntry_Status is returning a value of 6 so, it’s working fine but with mx915 MTX_POS_GET_DataEntry_Status = 0.
- The POS was not clearing transactions after approval was received for eWic transactions.
- The POS and PIN pad become unresponsive in an EBT Balance Inquiry
- Improved Scat reset at End Order on POS to speed up transaction handling times
- Gift card activations were receiving approval from the host but are not being recognized by the pos as complete
REF 516067: Catalog – Support Price Priorities
Emerald was enhanced to receive additional price types from the Catalog.
When the Catalog sends multiple prices to Emerald, Emerald screens the pricing based on validity and the predefined priority of the prices of the item and sends the most applicable price to the Unified Loyalty Promotions (ULP). The ULP applies the price to the item.
The following three new price points were added:
Emerald now supports receiving all the following price points:
The priority is predefined in the Priority Table and now includes the new price points.
REF 469694: Capture Alternate ID on PIN Pad Will Have the Ability to Search by Phone
Currently, Emerald supports the ability to add a loyalty customer to a transaction by scanning the customer’s loyalty card, entering their Alternate ID (on the PIN pad), or via a Search Customer option on the POS to manually find the loyalty customer.
Emerald was enhanced to enable loyalty customers to enter their phone number on the PIN pad. If the customer enters a number on the PIN pad, a request is sent to the CDM (Customer Data Management) system to search for the number as an Alternate Id, Phone number, or Mobile Phone number.
The PIN pad is open to enter an Alternate ID from No Sale mode/Sale mode (existing configuration).
When the cashier selects the ‘Search Customer’ button on the POS, the existing Search Customer screen opens to search for a customer. The PIN pad is also opened to enable the customer to enter their Alternate ID/phone, mobile phone number.
Once the customer enters a number on the PIN pad, the system works as follows:
If the customer is found, the customer is added to the transaction and the PIN pad is then open to pre-swipe EFT cards.
If multiple customers are found, i.e., the same phone number may be associated to two different loyalty members, the PIN pad prompts the customer with a message to approach the cashier to find the correct loyalty customer.
At the same time, the existing ‘Search Customer’ screen is open on the POS, automatically populated with the list of customers retrieved in the search.
The cashier can then select the relevant customer by the details to add the customer to the transaction. The PIN pad is then open to pre-swipe EFT cards.
If the customer is not found, the PIN pad prompts the customer with a message ‘customer not found’. The customer has the option to try entering the correct number up to three times. If still not found, the existing ‘Search Customer’ screen is open on the POS, automatically populated with the list of customers retrieved in the search.
The cashier can then search and add the customer to the transaction as with existing functionality when performing a manual search. The PIN pad is then open to pre-swipe EFT cards.
To support the new functionality, the Emerald CCM Office/Customer Capture Policy was updated with a new field called More than One Customer Found Text used to define the text that is prompted on the PIN pad in scenarios where the customer enters a number on the PIN pad and the system fails to find the loyalty customer. The new field is enabled if the existing Customer Capture Devices field is set to PIN pad. A new tool tip was also addedon hovering over the tooltip, the following text is displayed: ‘Maximum should be lower than 40 characters’.
REF 524509: Business Rules, Loyalty and Promotions - Enhance the Way a Loyalty Customer can be Entered (by Scanning a Card or Entering an Alternate ID on the PIN pad)
The enhancement of entering loyalty cards to add customers to the transactions described in the feature in section 2.24 Capture Alternate ID on Pin pad will have the Ability to Search by Phone above was applied to a range of existing flows on the Emerald POS.
The flows are:
- Tender Exchange BRM requesting a loyalty card
- Enhanced reprint during a Receipt search
- Recall order (e-Comm)
- Transaction Based Return (TBR)
- Return All
- Gift Receipt
- Tender payment flow that requires a loyalty card
In these flows where the cashier is required to search for a transaction (by POS Parameters, by payment card, or a loyalty card number used in the original transaction), the POS UI was updated. With this UI change, when the search is performed by a loyalty card, the new enhancement to enter loyalty cards is applied.
For the BRM flows, i.e., BRMs configured with the BRM Type ‘Loyalty Required’ where the BRM prompts the cashier to enter a loyalty card, the BRM messages were updated with a new picker button to trigger the Search Customer screen. With this change, the enhancement to enter a loyalty card is also applied.
Note: This feature is supported for environments that support the Connected Payments and AURUS as their EPS provider.
REF 532813: Fuel – Integrate with New FC Controller (EFS) - Phase 2
Phase 2 of the Emerald integration with the new RPOS based Fuel Server (EFS Fuel Controller) was completed.
In this phase testing was performed to verify existing fuel flows are working with the EFS Fuel Controller same as with the existing RFS Fuel Server. This applies to the screen display, receipts, and Tlogs.
The following flows were successfully tested:
- Force Unlock Prepaid Transactions:
- Fuel Alerts
- Manual Fuel
REF : Manual Fuel Price Updated – Additional Information to be Included in the TLog
Currently, Emerald supports two Control TLogs that are generated after a Fuel Price Update by the fuel price systems: the Control Tlog with Type ‘ToFuelController’ is created when Fuel Prices are updated by the fuel system, i.e., the Forecourt and the other Control Tlog of Type ‘FromCatalog’ is created when fuel price changes come from the Catalog.
Fuel prices can also be manually updated at the POS by the cashier.
There is a Control Tlog already supported, however, it is not aligned with the structure of the other Tlogs. To align the Tlogs, a new Control Tlog based on the same structure, but with Type ‘Manual’ was added. The new Control Tlog is generated after a Manual Fuel Price Update.
The Type ‘Manual’ indicates that the fuel prices were updated manually.
The ‘Source’ indicates that the fuel prices were updated on the POS.
Note: The existing Control TLog that is generated today for manual fuel price change is still generated with no change.
REF 488642: Fuel - Fuel Prepay Transactions (Prepay Screen)
The current Emerald FuelPOS Prepay screen has been redesigned.
The following changes were made:
- Approve button was removed.
- The RIG (Rest in Gas), Fillup and Cancel buttons were moved to the top of the screen
- The Requested Amount field was moved down
REF 488642: Fuel - Select Product for a Fuel Prepay Transaction
Emerald Prepay functionality was enhanced to support the selection of a specific pump product (i.e., a fuel type) when creating a fuel prepay transaction on the Fuel POS. The option is controlled by new configuration.
Currently, when performing a fuel prepay transaction, the pump is authorized, and all pump nozzles and their associated products become available for the customer for fueling. With the new feature, by selecting a specific product, only the selected product is available for fueling on the pump.
A new parameter called SelectProductInFuelPrepaid was added to the existing FuelConfigurationMaintenance Request RTI.
Once the parameter is configured to true, the FuelPOS UI includes new buttons displayed at the top of the Prepay screen representing each product with its name and price. The cashier must select a product. The option to select a RIG (Rest in Gas), Fillup, or Enter the Requested Amount is then available.
Note: RIG functionality is another configuration, and only displayed when RIG is configured (existing feature).
The cashier can select a RIG or Fillup and the selected product is added to the transaction, or the cashier enters the required amount, the RIG and Fillup options are disabled. On selecting OK, the product is added to the transaction. When the customer goes to the pump to start fueling, only the selected product is authorized for fueling. If the customer lifts any other nozzle, fuel will not be dispensed.
Moving a prepay from one pump to another, if required, is only allowed if the pump to which the prepay is being moved includes the fuel product initially selected. The system does not allow the selection of a pump that is not associated to the selected product.
There is no change to the Reassign functionality.
REF 522667: Fuel - Align Sale Transaction Counter for Cash Prepay Transactions
Currently, during a Prepay fuel transaction paid with cash and fully dispensed, or paid with an EFT card where Epsilon is the provider, when the transaction is reconciled by the Forecourt Controller, the sales transaction counter is only incrementing in the sale count of the Forecourt Controller and not in the sale counter of the POS. As a result, the EOD Tlog
Emerald was enhanced to increment the POS counter transaction when the Prepay is tendered before fueling when it is suspended.
- When the Prepay transaction is suspended and the Tlog is created, the POS counter is now incremented by one.
- In a scenario where the Prepay is not fully dispensed and the customer returns to the kiosk to get change, on recalling the transaction, the POS counter is not incremented again.
- If the Prepay is recalled on a different POS, the POS sales counter on which the transaction is recalled is incremented by one.
REF 53071: EPS, CP - Support sWIC Functions without Requesting the Cashier to Press a Button
Emerald was enhanced to automatically recognize when an sWIC card is introduced at the PIN pad and continue with the WIC flow without the cashier having to select the sWIC designated tender button. This is more efficient, and the customer does not need to say out loud that they are paying with WIC preventing privacy violations in the US.
This is supported for both sWIC payments and sWIC Balance Inquiry flows.
Note: This feature is supported when the retailer’s POS terminals are integrated with the Connected Payments EPS provider.
REF 534851: Display Velocity for Checks (Customer's Financial Data) on Soft Decline BRM
Emerald was enhanced with the ability to view Check payment velocity at the POS. Velocity information is information such as the number of store visits, total amount spent, cash back amounts, and number of checks paid with by the specific customer for the current period, daily period, and seven days back, etc. Based on this information the manager can decide if to approve or reject the acceptance of the Check in the case of a soft decline, reducing risks.
To support this feature, a new parameter called 'Show additional information' was added to the CCM/Business Rules/ Business Rule Type: Tender Soft Decline/Action tab and to the BusinessRuleMaintenance Request RTI.
If the 'Show additional information' parameter is set to yes, the ‘Soft decline bypass approval’ window prompted when a Tender Soft Decline BRM is triggered includes a new button called Additional Info.
When a Check is soft declined by the provider via Connected Payments (CP), i.e., the response to the authorization request is No, and the BRM is triggered, the POS sends the MTX_POS_GET_VelocityLinesCount request to Connected Payments. If there is Check velocity information returned from Connected Payments, the Additional Info button is active. On selecting the Additional Info button, the velocity data is displayed on the POS.
The velocity information is displayed as received from the CP provider with no special formatting on the Emerald side.
REF 534852: ByPass Shopper ID with Manager Approval
Emerald was enhanced with the ability to bypass capturing a Shopper Id for top shopper customers paying by ‘Check’.
Currently, Emerald supports the configuration of a Shopper ID Policy, which can be associated to a Tender ID defined with the following supplementary details: Additional ID required/ID Type. If this is configured, when the associated tender is used as payment at the POS, the Shopper ID screen is prompted to capture the customer’s Additional ID. A new ID Type called None was added to enable the cashier to bypass the request to enter a Shopper ID.
The Shopper ID screen at the POS was updated with a new button called None. On selecting None, the transaction can proceed.
If the Connected Payments is configured to require the entry of a Shopper ID, the provider will send a response code ‘No’ in response to the request for authorization. On selecting None in the Shopper ID screen, the Soft Decline bypass approval BRM is prompted. The manager can enter their credentials to override the request. The payment is accepted and processed without the Shopper ID (Member ID).
REF 538199: Catalog Promotion Prices for MSU Item
In previous developments, Emerald was updated to support retailers with ERP systems that are able to define an item’s price as a promotion price in their catalogs. For example, a single item promotion (such as club prices or Temporary Price Reduction (TPR) price promotions) enabling the Store to promote a specific item.
To support these prices as promotions:
- The BSP/Catalog is able to support a promotion flag for a price (PromotionPriceType). This flag can set a price as ‘card_price’ promotion or as ‘non_card_price’ promotion.
- Emerald passes this catalog information to the Promotion Engine when the item is added to the sale.
- The PE (Promotion Engine) handles this information and returns the relevant promotion details in case it accepted the discount.
- Emerald acts upon the promotion details returned by the PE, as it does with any other promotion. This functionality also applies to Multiple Selling Unit (MSU) items.
In this development, the option to apply all price types to MSU items is now supported.
Emerald supports the ability to apply Promotional prices from the catalog to the MSU items.
MSU items Base price, Non-card price, Card price are calculated based on the price per unit and the MSU policy.
- When a loyalty card is added to the transaction, the POS applies the per-unit price derived from the card price of the MSU, if available.
- When non-card prices are available, the non-card price for the MSU is calculated based on the price per unit derived from the non-card price of the MSU.
REF 542094: Tender, Check, EPS: Check Type Code link to Tender Setup
Emerald enhanced the Check Type code for Check Tenders to be linked to the Checktype database table.
Users can make changes to a Check Tender type or define new check types from the CCM or RTI and the CheckType code is always provided from the database to identify the check type.
The CheckType database table was updated with a new column called CheckTypeID. The CheckTypeMaintenanceRequest RTI was updated with a new
REF 545090: L&P Receipt - Handle Cost Plus Promotion as Simple Promotion and Display Net Price on Screen and Receipt
There are retailers who support Cost Plus discounts for their loyalty members, such as industrial customers (restaurants) who buy their products from the retailer’s stores. A Cost Price is a ‘Price’ paid to the supplier and the Plus is calculated according to the loyalty member’s level/tier.
For example: the Item Cost price is $5.00 and the Item price is $10.00.
- A High Level Customer can buy the item by cost + 10%, i.e., $5.50.
- A Medium Level Customer can buy the item by cost + 20%, i.e., $6.00.
- Non Loyalty Customers can buy the item by the Item’s full price $10.00.
Giving a cost-plus price to a customer is based on triggering a promotion that will reduce the regular item price to the cost-plus price.
After a Cost Price promotion is triggered and the reward discount deducted from the item price, Emerald was enhanced to display the net item price on the POS and print it on the receipt.
This is based on existing configuration in the CCM/Promotions Display module. When the Simple Promotion Line Display parameter is set to 'Item, Reward, Net Price in Single Line', Emerald checks the value of the SimplePromotionDisplay flag configured via the NCR Unified Loyalty Promotions (ULP) service, and if the promotion is a simple promotion, the Cost Price promotion is handled as a Simple Promotion and the net item price is displayed on the POS and printed on the receipt.
A Cost Price promotion for 8% Off is running on Item A. The ‘Simple Promotion Line Display’ parameter is set to Item, Reward, Net Price in Single Line.
At the POS:
- The cashier scans the customer’s Loyalty card.
- The cashier scans the item. (The item price is $13.29). The promotion is triggered, and a $0.44 discount is rewarded. The POS displays the net item price $12.85 ($13.29 - $0.44).
- The cashier selects OK to move to tender mode and completes the transaction. The item net price and promotion description are printed on the receipt.
The following defects were fixed in this version:
- TFS538169: The POS failed to upload.
- TFS540364: ECC Payment with check did not finish transactions with over tender amounts.
- TFS541632: Store server failed in ServerInstallation run script SRRAALABATHST1HQServerInstall.cmd exit code 1603.
- TFS541691: An error occurred while retrieving a list of eligible items from the TenderLineAdaptor.
- TFS541771: When unlocking the POS, the alternate ID screen did not show on the PIN pad.
- TFS541889: When performing tender exchange, in the summary pop-up, the ‘from tender’ text was missing.
- TFS541967: An unhandled exception was displayed when selling items at the POS.
- TFS542044: Fuel PrePay with fill up – after closing the transaction with the Epsilon payment provider, a pop-up message was displayed with no text.
- TFS542331: The POS froze and a Manager Approval BRM message was not displayed.
- TFS542332: The Manual button was not working when a cashier was logged in with Manual Fuel with BRM. Manager Approval failed.
- TFS542401: The system did not work correctly when a user voided an existing line item with sale price discount. After selecting Modify Tare, needed to click twice on the Modify Tare button.
- TFS542643: The POS returned to tender/sale mode after adding a customer from payroll tender in FUEL POS.
- TFS542649: The POS navigated to a wrong screen when clicking on the payroll option in a Tender Exchange.
- TFS542720: It was not possible to perform Voucher Cashing.
- TFS542902: Fuel price update TLog - wrong date format.
- TFS543438: The item list appeared empty when opening a Department List or Return item from List Department.
- TFS543692: Failed Token on RabbitMQ with Department Sale duplicate key.
- TFS544614: Pre-swipe was displayed after selecting Search customer and clicking on the cancel button in Sale mode after moving back from Tender mode.
- TFS545754: Failed to activate online items by swiping a card.
- TFS545789: Incorrect display appeared on the POS action window when changing an AMS indicator for promotional items.
- TFS545790: Incorrect display on receipts when changing the AMS indicator for promotional items.
- TFS546011: FuelPOS - Prepay - when adding a Loyalty customer (using scan) in Tender mode, the POS should have returned to Sale mode (for getting customer approval promotions).
- TFS546123: Text in receipt was different from expected.
- TFS546259: BRM RTI failed on duplicate key.
- TFS546470: PIN pad stayed in Alternate ID screen even after adding a loyalty customer.
- TFS546566: Cash Out with Payroll was displaying an unexpected error message.
- TFS547562: Ticket Zone refresh issued after voiding a BOGO item.
- TFS547578: Catalog Promotion prices (Card and non-card) for MSU weight items were not working.
- TFS547906: Fleet card – a Pay At Kiosk transaction with fuel and dry items, which are not allowed to be paid for by a Fleet card was allowed.
- TFS547973: 'Calculated Tax' Parameter was available twice in Tax Summary Lines and not available in Tax Summary Header, Tax Summary Footer under Receipts in CCM office.
- TFS548635: The POS froze in the Refund screen after selecting Switch Tender in the Return Transaction.
- TFS548702: Transactions were retrieved even after providing the invalid ‘Alternate ID’ in the search customer screen in returns when the CDM sent empty responses for an alternate ID.
- TFS548720: There were differences in taxes for sale and TBR with Percentage Tax type.
- TFS548945: The MTX simulator was not responding to a Tender Exchange transaction after selecting a Mastercard as the refund tender.
- TFS549115: BRM - Open Price – an appropriate message was not displayed while solving the item’s open price.
- TFS549771: Second image was not printing on the receipts through RTI changes.
- TFS536113: Touchpoints randomly did not allow tender exchange approval.
- TFS537538: Fuel prepay transaction - Close transaction with over cash tender prompted a message ‘An unhandled exception has occurred, please see the log for details’.
- TFS537630: The system did not work correctly when the user voided an existing line item with sale price discounts.
- TFS537813: Coded UI test execution for epic 494953.
- TFS537834: Tip Void – Voiding a Tip generated the following error ‘Transaction has been finalized due to tip adjustment void’.
- TFS537943: Declined debit payment in a Prepay caused the POS to hang.
- TFS538159: Voiding an age restricted item for the second time displayed the following exception ‘InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements’.
- TFS538241: eWIC - After partial tender, adding a loyalty member outside of a card scan froze the POS.
- TFS538394: The POS sent another request to get Donation data after it had already received a response.
- TFS538578: A general error was displayed at the POS upon triggering Void Item BRM when using Void Item and not Void Line.
- TFS538779: Store Office – In the TenderItemRestriction tab, the ‘Allow Reverse Eligibility’ toggle element was not displayed.
- TFS539723: In a sales transaction with a linked tare item, you need to select the Modify Tare button twice to update the tare.
- TFS540248: In the tender mode screen, it was not possible to select any other tender when the system was configured with an ‘Item Cannot be paid with’ restriction.
- TFS540882: Suspended transactions were not deleted after the retention policy was executed.
- TFS541140: The POS froze during a debit payment.
- TFS541220: The balance was not shown on the receipt when running a balance inquiry in sale mode.
- TFS541319: The TLog of the unlock control transaction contained an unclear operator name.
- TFS541804: The lane froze while scanning a personal check.
- TFS542633: Weights and Measures: POS customer line display issue was fixed.
- TFS542820: There was an error in CCM Client when trying to search products in the WIC CVB Product Mappings and WIC Product Exclusions.
- TFS542821: TBR was not returning debit card transactions to debit cards.
- TFS542822: TBR on Top Shopper Money Order returned more money back than in the original sales.
- TFS543270: Customers were able to pay for non-EBT items (Alcohol) with EBT card.
- TFS543707: The POS displayed Unhandled Exception Error Message when attempting to perform transaction-based return of a price embedded item where the original tare weight had been modified.
- TFS543949: TBR and Return All for transaction purchased with charge account should validate the member number eligibility and add the customer to the TLog.
- TFS544400: CCM server installation failed on Windows Server 2016, SQL 2016.
- TFS544598: The DataTransportationService didn’t use the LocalizedValue property of the item dynamic attribute when creating the item PLU description.
- TFS544991: Product Exclusions in the tax rate table were not excluding taxes.
- TFS545444: Forecourt client and fuel POS lanes crashed and displayed an Unhandled Exception error.
- TFS545518: Prepay transactions were getting stuck and not processing in Emerald.
- TFS545652: Customer was able to pay for non-EBT items with EBT card.
- TFS546092: WICO CVB Franking – when a surcharge was extended on the back of the check, the original check amount was printed.
- TFS546216: 'Can't complete a transaction twice' error caused a transaction to freeze when EFT tendered prepay transaction was automatically resumed to POS to complete payment.
- TFS546529: Donation: In a ticket with a QTY or price required item, when moving to payment, the donation prompt stayed on the PIN pad.
- TFS547034: It was not possible to scan a member card in the middle of the prepay process.
- TFS547036: When the POS was rebooted or crashed and a user was logged in, the user remained logged in from STS POV.
- TFS547240: Upgrade from Emerald 1.6.403 to Emerald 1.6.405 failed on Windows 2012 with SQL 2014.
- TFS547437: POS navigated to the wrong screen when selecting Cancel in the payroll screen via tender exchange and Cashout.
- TFS547450: Item Voids were not shown on the screen when the loyalty card was added in the transaction.
- TFS547459: The ‘WIC LEB Inclusions’ screen displayed the error message ‘An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details, when trying to retrieve non-LEB items from the category which includes more than 5K LEB items’.
- TFS547461: The POS Client was blocked if it was auto locked with an error message on the screen.
- TFS547488: PAP TLog – had the wrong offset of 00:00.