Reduce to Clear Configuration
Use the Reduce to Clear Configuration feature to add or edit the markdown discount maximum and levels for each department for reduce to clear pricing. The reduce to clear pricing is set at the organization level. Only users with the correct permissions can add and modify levels, but all users are able to view configurations.
If you have full permissions, you can set Reduce to Clear configurations for departments.
If you are a limited user, you can only view the Reduce to Clear configurations.
Adding markdown discounts
Add markdown configurations to departments that need discount levels.
From the home screen, tap on the Reduce to Clear Configuration feature.
Scroll down to the department for which you need to set discount rules and tap the Add button to the right of the department name.
The Max Discount field is required. You cannot save a configuration or set any levels unless an acceptable quantity is entered.
The maximum discount type, percentage or dollar, is independent of the Level Type, though the levels can only be the same type. For example, the maximum discount can be set to a percentage amount while the level type is by dollar, or the reverse. Alternatively, the max discount and the level type can be set to be of the same type.
📝 If the Max Discount field is set to a dollar amount, this sets the maximum dollar amount any items in that department can be reduced by.
Set the level types as needed. These fields are not required, nor do all levels need to be set. For example, you could set none of the fields, or up to all six fields. Press the Save button to save the configuration.
Pressing the back button before you save your configuration will discard your changes.
📝 When the Max Discount and Level Type fields are set to the same type, you will be able to increment the levels up until you reach the maximum discount set. For example, if the maximum discount is set to 50% and you increment each level by 10%, then you could set up to Level 5 at 50% and leave the Level 6 field blank.
If the Max Discount and Level Type fields are set to different types, there are no restrictions on the number of levels you can set on this screen. However, when marking down an item using the Reduce to Clear feature, certain levels are greyed out based on the price of an item if they result in a price below the threshold set in the Max Discount field.
Editing markdown discounts
Edit existing department configurations to reflect changes to markdown pricing.
- From the home screen, tap on the Reduce to Clear Configuration feature.
- Scroll down to the department for which you need to edit discount rules and tap carrot to the right of the department name to expand the configuration.
- Tap the Edit button to modify the reduce to clear configuration. You can edit the Max Discount, Level Type, and levels as if you were adding markdown discounts. Hit Save to submit the new discount levels.
- Pressing the back button before you save your configuration will discard your changes.
- You can press the back button to return to the Reduce to Clear Configuration screen.
- Confirm if you want to leave and discard any changes. You can press "Continue Editing" if you change your mind.